American and Import Auto Parts has been family owned and operated since 1977. The company is currently being operated by Michael Thompson, a third-generation auto recycler along with a well-trained and experienced staff who takes pride in the parts and service we provide. The part that you have purchased from us has been inventoried, dismantled and delivered with the assumption that you will have no issues with it, however the following procedures apply:
Warranties are as follows (All Parts are sold with a standard Silver 90-Day Parts Only Warranty. We offer other plans that my better fit your needs for longer coverage
Parts OnlyPlatinum Warranty: 1-Year Parts Warranty10% of the cost of the part
Parts & LaborPlatinum+ Warranty: 1-Year Parts & Labor Warranty25% of the cost of the part
The original invoice along with this warranty form must accompany any claim for warranty.
Regarding engines, accessories such as alternators, starters, water pump, intake and exhaust manifolds, fuel injectors, carburetor, flywheel, brackets, oil pressure switches, thermostats, smog emission devices, and timing belts are complimentary and do not necessarily come with the engine. These parts are also not covered under the American and Import Auto Parts Warranty limited warranty, and we do not guarantee interchangeability of these items. At the time of installation, and in order to maintain coverage under the warranty, it is required that the installer will do the Following:
- Install a New Thermostat
- Change Oil and Filter Prior to Starting
- Replace Timing Belt
- Flush and Check Radiator Flow
- Install New Oil Seals and Gaskets where Necessary (oil leaks are not covered under warranty)
- Keep Invoices for the Parts Purchased
- Retain all Service and Maintenance Records
- All of our engines have a heat tab on themand if engine is overheated for any reason warranty is void
- Engine must be installed by a licensed mechanic, and if there is a claim we will need to know the diagnostic codes and have sent a inspector by before paying a claim
- Replace all External Seals
- Replace Filter and Fluid
- Flush Transmission Cooling System Including the Lines and Cooler
- Properly Seat Torque Converter on an Automatic Transmission
- Transmissions must be installed by a licensed mechanic, and if there is a claim we will need to know the diagnostic codes and have sent a inspector by before paying claim
Buyer agrees that American and Import Auto Parts will not be responsible for
- A new Receiver Dryer and Orifice are Installed (The Invoice for these parts are required for warranty coverage)
- Incidental or Consequential Damage
- Lost Profits, Sales, or Income
- Injury to Person or Property
- Oil, Antifreeze, or other Substances
- Towing Charges, Storage fees, Substitute Transportation, Lodging etc.
- Labor on a Gasket Kit, Oil Pump, or other Accessories Purchased with the Engine
Our warranty does not cover the following items
- Parts and Labor warranties are available for additional cost and will be indicated on your invoice. Labor claims will be paid based on the Mitchell Labor Guide at a rate of $50.00 per hour.
- The warranty term is based on the original purchase date and is limited to 1 claim .
THANK YOU FOR TRUSTING AMERICAN AND IMPORT AUTO PARTS
- The purchaser's loss of time, inconvenience, Loss of use of the vehicle, towing expense, installation expense, commercial loss, rental cars, or other consequential damages.
- On driveline components fluids, gaskets, seals, filters, intake manifolds, exhaust manifolds, clutches, water pumps, wiring, thermostats, sensors, hoses,belts, frost plugs, spark plugs, and injectors are not guaranteed.
- Claims that result from accident, abuse, neglect, alteration, improper maintenance, or improper installation.
- Claims that result from the failure of other existing components.
- Claims that result from overheating due to cooling system failure.
- Parts installed in vehicles used for commercial, racing, or off-road purposes, or parts used for any purpose other that the original application.
- All warranties are for the original purchaser only. Warranties are not transferable.
- If we are unable to provide a replacement part, we will be forced to refund your part portion of the bill
- Parts without our markings, IDs, or tabsthey were on part when they left and do not need to be removed for any reason
- Call 586-264-1680 with any of your claims, questions or concerns
_______ Customer has chose to add extra warranty and has read terms. _______Customer would like to stay with standard warranty